Friday, March 6, 2009

Easy Bake Hard to Find

It was our intent last weekend to find the Easy Bake Over Cook-off, which I thought would not only have been a tasty treat, but also good blogging material (oh the things I'll do for a story).

We saw the event featured in The Roanoke Times, and then we checked the time and location on Roanoke.com the day of just to be sure. It was to be at the Center in the Square Science Museum of Western Virginia and the event was free after paying for entry.

Inside, before heading up to the museum, we asked the reception desk about the event, and got blank stares. At the museum entrance as we waited in line, we overheard a phone call in which the caller asked for details about the cook-off, and the girl at the desk said she knew nothing about it.

When we told her we were there for the same thing, she apologized, but said that it couldn't be there. For the sake of sanity, I used my Blackberry to look it up, and - sure enough - there was a completely erroneous event posted on Roanoke.com for something as sweet as an Easy Bake Oven Cook-off.

While I'm actually a fan of Roanoke Times most of the time, my experience with event write-ups is this event that never seemed to have happened and another that I read about on Thursday that was ending the next day. Let's just say I'm not batting 1000 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment