Monday, May 11, 2009

Dining Out: Kabuki doesn't disappoint

Of course I've been to Kabuki's before: I've been in Roanoke long enough to have such an occasion come up. However, I hadn't been there in about two years when my wife and I went prior to seeing Star Trek as a part of our date night.

Anyone who's been to more than a couple hibachi grills knows that they are not all one in the same, despite inevitable similarities. The important part for me was that the portions remained large and the prices remained reasonable, and - in that regard - Kabuki certainly comes through.

With a drink, our final bill was a little under forty dollars before tip, which I think is pretty good for that sort of dining experience.

The taste - as I remembered it - was quite good. Our chef was a little on the taciturn side, which wasn't lost on another couple at our table. Albeit, it didn't help matters that three of the most docile little girls I've ever seen sat between equally docile parents. Even the pyramid of fire solicited only the most arbitrarily of smiles. (I think maybe there was some cough syrup or medication involved).

Though I was driving and couldn't partake to much of a degree, the array and originality of the alcoholic beverage menu intrigued me; when I return, I hope it's with a designated driver.

All things considered, while so many other restaurants are cutting portions while upping prices, it was nice to see Kabuki still packs on the good food and fun while not breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment