Friday, April 3, 2009

Dining Out: Trio Bistro

Despite the recent closure of so many places - restaurants in particular - countrywide, there's still a great variety in downtown Roanoke. This weekend, while taking a lunch break from the Birthing and Baby Expo on Saturday, we headed down to Trio Bistro for what my wife assured me was a delicious spinach and artichoke dip made with brie.

The soup and salad bar were open, and since the day was rainy and cold, I opted for the tomato bisque soup while we waited for the spinach dip.

We were two of maybe half a dozen on one side, with some others at the bar side. I wondered as I filled my bowl if refills were free, though I didn't end up needing anything else to sate me. The soup was good. Not heart-stopping, but worth coming back for at a future time.

The spinach and artichoke dip was as sinful as it sounded, with garlic toasties for dipping - the brie making the dip as creamy as butter. While my "lying in wait" love handles would appreciate if I ate this dip more often, it will have to be one of those occasional indulgences like Cadbury Eggs or a good Tequila.

The staff was very nice, though it was largely in self-service mode. All told, I'm sure I will find myself at Trio again, if only for soup or salad with a lunch date or back for more dip after a late-night coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment